See Credit Details Below
Despite equal numbers of women entering the legal profession, women lawyers still face institutional hurdles that prevent them from reaching their full potential as leaders within their chosen roles.
Join our expert panel of attorneys who have successfully shattered the glass ceiling and hear their insights on how to overcome these obstacles. This program is a must-attend for women attorneys who are looking to take their career to the next level and gain a competitive edge.
The program will feature panels that provide concrete tips and actionable strategies for women attorneys at all stages of their careers. Whether you are just starting out, looking to elevate in your current role, or are planning to make a move, Women Lawyers in Leadership 2023 is the perfect opportunity to gain valuable insights from experts and network with like-minded professionals.
Don't miss out on this informative and empowering all-day program!
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Use new leadership techniques for women attorneys, regardless of their work environment (law firm, in-house, government, or non-profit organization)
- Employ specialized strategies for women lawyers to obtain and excel in lead or co-lead counsel positions
- Overcome unique challenges faced by women attorneys in the workplace and in the courtroom
- Understand research findings related to gender-related issues in performance reviews, including "non-promotable" tasks
- Acquire strategies to address unconscious bias towards women in the law
- Gain familiarity with specific issues affecting women of color in the law and effective strategies to counter and address them
- Implement career planning guidance for women striving for law firm partnership or other leadership roles
- Develop executive presence, self-advocacy skills, and renewed confidence to develop a clear roadmap for future success.
- Understand unique issues facing women lawyers in leadership roles and gain tools to overcome them
- Earn up to 2 Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias credit hours depending on your jurisdiction. Please confirm approval for your jurisdiction in the credit information section.
- Earn up to one Transitional Skills credit hour depending on your jurisdiction. Please confirm approval for your jurisdiction in the credit information section.
- Enjoy a networking lunch with colleagues
Program Level: Update
Prerequisites: Attorneys and allied professionals who are interested in striving for leadership positions in the law and are committed to advancing diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
Advanced Preparation: None