See Credit Details Below
Despite equal numbers of women entering the legal profession, female attorneys still lag in equity partnerships and leadership positions. Additionally, women attorneys frequently face unique institutional hurdles. Join our informative conversation and hear from our panel of attorneys who have successfully broken through the glass ceiling. This program will benefit women attorneys wanting to take their career up a notch and strive for leadership positions to gain a competitive edge in this fast-moving field. The day features panels that will provide concrete tips and strategies for all!
What You Will Learn
- Learn strategies for women lawyers to obtain and excel in lead or co-lead counsel positions
- Explore important research findings related to “non-promotable” tasks and gender-related issues in performance reviews.
- Gain tips and tactics to address common issues faced by women in the legal field.
- Explore practice tips for overcoming unconscious bias towards women in the law
- Gain familiarity with specific issues affecting women of color in the law and learn strategies to address and limit them
- Dig into ways to plan your career track whether you are striving for law firm partnership or another leadership role
- Learn about presentation skills for lawyers and receive real-world guidance about putting your best self out there
- Participate in a discussion about the unique challenges faced by women attorneys in the workplace and in the courtroom
- Hear leadership techniques for women attorneys from various perspectives including plaintiff and defense attorneys, government attorneys, and in-house counsel
Special Feature: Earn up to two Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias credits Earn up to one Transitional Skills credit. Enjoy a networking lunch with colleagues.
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: Attorneys and allied professionals who are interested in striving for leadership positions in the law.
Advanced Prep: None