See Credit Details Below
White collar enforcement continues to be a top priority of the Department of Justice, SEC, CFTC, and other U.S. and foreign agencies. In recent years, the government has continued to focus on traditional priorities such as accounting fraud, foreign and domestic corruption, insider trading, and AML/sanctions while the enforcement agenda has also broadened to include new areas such as cybercrime, cryptocurrency, and modern forms of market abuse such as spoofing. The social upheavals caused by COVID-19 have led to new avenues for enforcement and have also forced courts, the government, and defense counsel to adapt to new circumstances during investigations and litigation.
This unique program will give you the background and tools necessary to handle white collar cases and civil enforcement actions, and to design and implement effective compliance and risk management strategies. You will hear directly from current and former high-level officials in many of the country’s top enforcement agencies, along with in-house counsel and leading defense practitioners, about the current and future priorities for the government and the practical implications for your company or clients.
What You Will Learn
- An update on the SEC’s enforcement priorities, including accounting and disclosure violations, high-frequency trading issues, insider trading, and other priorities in this period of economic and social dislocation
- Enforcement by the CFTC: spoofing, cryptocurrency, market manipulation, fraud, and benchmark cases
- A review of FCPA and Anti-Corruption investigations and enforcement, including updates from criminal and civil enforcement authorities and a discussion of cross-border coordination
- Key takeaways and lessons from recent white collar trials
- A discussion of best practices and trends for conducting white collar investigations and litigation in a post-COVID world
Prerequisites: Lawyers, forensic accountants, internal auditors and compliance officers or allied professionals.
Intended Audience: This program is designed for lawyers who defend and prosecute civil enforcement actions and white collar criminal cases, as well as in-house and outside corporate counsel, and internal auditors and compliance officers. Additionally, government attorneys, forensic accountants, and other experts and consultants who handle white collar internal investigations, civil enforcement actions and criminal prosecutions will find this program extremely valuable.
Advanced Prep: None