See Credit Details Below
This program is designed for attorneys who advise startup companies, and for investors and venture capitalists. A thorough understanding of current market practice, deal terms and conditions, transaction documents and applicable securities, regulatory and ethical issues is critical in the venture capital business. Our expert faculty of lawyers, venture capitalists and business executives will analyze the legal and business issues you need to master to actively and successfully participate in today’s venture capital environment.
What You Will Learn
• Preparing for venture capital financing
• The structure of a venture capital deal
• Term sheet negotiations with a practical simulated negotiation
• Follow-on financing rounds – rights and protections
• IPO key issues and prepping for a venture-backed company’s exit
• Crisis management and conflicts of interest issues common in growth companies
• Simulated negotiation over Series A financing round terms
• Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Prerequisites: Attendees should have some experience in venture capital financing, expect to engage in venture capital matters or have interest in this area of practice.
Intended Audience: Attorneys and allied professionals engaged in venture capital agreements, operating in professional proximity to the program topic or are interested in the subject should find this program informative.
Other Prerequisite: None
Advanced Prep: None