PLI “Safe Return” Policy for In-Person Programs
See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
This introductory course will give attendees a comprehensive review of basic elements and practical considerations when engaging in licensing agreements for a variety of intellectual property formats. Our expert faculty will address legal strategies and everyday skills to apply when licensing patents, copyrights, the right of celebrity, trademarks, software or any combination of these types of IP, along with special circumstances that may arise, such as potential litigation and regulatory, international, bankruptcy or antitrust issues.
What You Will Learn
• Copyright, trademark, software and patent licensing
• Rights of publicity and entertainment licensing
• Protection and enforcement issues in cross-border IP licensing
• Enforcing licenses – tips from an IP license litigator
• Antitrust issues in IP licenses
• Treatment of IP licenses under bankruptcy law
• How licensing can generate new revenue
Mock negotiations of IP licenses.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for intellectual property specialists, corporate counsel and general practitioners who are engaged in intellectual property law and are interested in learning how to license and protect various forms of intellectual property.