See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Understanding Patent Law continues to deliver a complete review of patent law basics designed for attorneys new to the practice. The agenda begins with establishing a foundation of patent law concepts, definitions and patent holder rights. The patent life cycle, including preparing and filing patents and an explanation of patentability, will start the program, setting the baseline for an exploration into patent infringement and litigation. The program concludes with a discussion of various patent transactions, which include licensing, mergers and acquisitions and other strategic options for leveraging patent assets.
Attendees of this hallmark PLI program should walk away with many practical takeaways to help them build a solid understanding of patent law basics as they start their careers in the practice or transition to it from other areas of law.
What You Will Learn
• Defining patentable subject matter and learning the patent life cycle: conception, preparation, filing, prosecution and issuance
• Understanding the patent landscape: patentability, freedom to operate, invalidity, and infringement
• Reviewing USPTO proceedings including inter partes review and post-grant review
• Patent litigation overview
• Navigating patent deals – M&A, licensing and patent transactions
Who Should Attend
Attorneys looking for a primer on basic patent law principles should find this program helpful.