See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Whether you are new to the field, seeking a quick refresher, or if your law practice only touches upon employment law issues, this jam-packed employment law primer is designed for you. An expert faculty will lead you through the major statutes, regulations and case law governing the employer/employee relationship and offer practical pointers ranging from hiring to firing and everything in between. In addition, the program will address labor and employment law regulatory developments under the Trump administration.
What You Will Learn
• New developments under the major employment law statutes and regulations, (e.g. Title VII, FLSA, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, EPA, WARN Act, and GINA) and potential changes that will impact the workplace.
• The latest regulatory and government enforcement initiatives from the EEOC, DOL, OFCCP and NLRB.
• Best practices for navigating the employee hiring process and preventing claims.
• Common sources of retaliation and whistleblowing claims and how to avoid and defend them.
• How to define the employer/employee relationship: employees vs. independent contractors, temporary and leased employees and explore joint employment issues
• The most common wage/hour concerns and litigation trends
• Latest guidance on ADA accommodations, including leaves of absence, and the interplay with FMLA and other leave laws
• Key ethical considerations in conducting workplace investigations
• Earn up to one full hour of Ethics credit
• Transitional credit available
Credit Available: CLE, CPD and HR Recertification
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for attorneys and human resources professionals at all levels, including those who are new to the employment law arena or seeking a refresher.