See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Whether you are new to the area of employment law, in search of a quick refresher and update, or if your law practice or Company role requires familiarity with employment law issues, this full-day primer is designed for you. Navigating issues arising from the workplace in an evolving landscape requires a 360° view of how to implement practices and maintain a knowledge base that serve as a steady foundation for success. By attending this program, you will receive the clarity required to probe, develop and support the stakeholders in your own professional workplace and practice. An expert faculty with diverse perspectives will lead you through the major statutes, regulations, case law, and practical considerations governing the workplace. By the end of the program, you will be prepared to analyze employment law issues with a critical eye.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Prepare and evaluate crucial employment documents and policies
- Issue-spot discrimination, harassment and retaliation issues in 2024
- Understand wage and hour fundamentals including recent trends and issues
- Identify and address leave of absence and accommodation issues
- Understand the implications and challenges of remote work
- Navigate the diversity and inclusion and affirmative action landscape
- Implement strategies to evaluate key ethical considerations in employment law practice
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for attorneys and human resources professionals at all levels, including those who are new to the employment law arena or seeking a refresher.
- Earn up to one full hour of Ethics credit
- Transitional credit available, including up to two hours of Professional Skills credit
Program Level: Introductory
Prerequisites: An interest in the legal issues that typically arise in today’s workplace. Appropriate for attorneys and human resources professionals at all levels.
Advanced Prep: None