See Credit Details Below
Trade secrets can be among an organization’s most valuable assets at every stage of research, development and commercialization. Trade secrets law can protect cutting edge technologies, profit-enhancing improvements to mature technologies, and a host of valuable information in between. The importance of trade secrets law—and potential risks to trade secrets--is magnified when organizations increasingly collaborate with other companies, sometimes including competitors, in the United States and abroad, and when employees and consultants who have become immersed in trade secrets move among multiple players in the industry. New technologies such as artificial intelligence present new technical and legal challenges for which patent protection may be unavailable or uncertain as an alternative solution for protecting and sharing broad categories of intellectual property. The price of electing to protect information as a trade secret is eternal vigilance, which means that to succeed, organizations must stay on top of the latest developments in protecting trade secrets and litigating and defending against claims of misappropriation. This program brings together experts and thought leaders in the field to help you do just that.
What You Will Learn
- What are courts, legislatures, prosecutors and economic experts thinking and doing about trade secrets issues?
- Why do domestic organizations need to think about international trade secrets enforcement?
- How to make “reasonable” measures to protect trade secrets “workable” measures for your organization?
- What should lawyers and clients do in the earliest days of a trade secret dispute to reduce trouble later on?
- How do criminal prosecutions for trade secret theft affect trade secrets protective measures and civil litigation?
- What is the value of a trade secret and why can this question be so hard to answer?
- When and how can alternative dispute resolution make sense in trade secret disputes?
- Learn to navigate potential ethical minefields in trade secrets disputes