See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Trade secrets can be among an organization’s most valuable assets – when you know how to identify, protect, and safely share them. Trade secrets law can protect cutting edge new technologies, improvements to mature technologies, and a host of valuable technical and strategic information in between. But misappropriation and claims of misappropriation can derail an organization’s business strategies—on both sides of the “v”. Judgments in the scores of millions of dollars and even more are becoming increasingly common. So are reversals. The importance of trade secrets law and the potential risks to trade secrets is magnified when employees and consultants who have become immersed in trade secrets move among multiple players in the industry, or even just work remotely. But trade secret disputes are not confined to the realm of migratory employees. Increasingly, sharing trade secrets when considering potential mergers, acquisitions, and business collaborations can bring great opportunity. It can also place information and business at great risk. To maximize value and reduce risk from trade secrets, organizations must stay on top of the latest developments. This program brings together experts and thought leaders in the field to help you do just that.
What You Will Learn
- What courts, legislatures, businesses, and economic experts are thinking and doing about trade secrets issues in the U.S. and abroad. Learn how some of the “old rules” are being tweaked.
- What can go wrong: how inside and outside counsel can assess and manage the first days of a trade secret dispute
- What can go right: leveraging trade secrets to build and enhance enterprise value
- Seeing around corners: emerging trade secret issues in mergers and acquisitions and new industries as we return to work
- Why you may need to think about criminal prosecution when litigating civil trade secret cases
- Learning from the “big cases”— working with multiple defendants, dealing with the press, and more
- How much is a claim of misappropriation worth?
- Learn to navigate potential ethical minefields and conflicts in trade secrets disputes
Who Should Attend
PLI’s Advanced Trade Secrets 2021 is designed to help those responsible for assisting clients in protecting, exploiting, and sharing intellectual property; structuring business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and related due diligence; and litigating and resolving business disputes. It will benefit inside and outside intellectual property lawyers, transactional lawyers, employment lawyers, white collar criminal and investigations lawyers, and others involved in protecting intellectual property and key strategic personnel.