See Credit Details Below
We are in the midst of a digital evolution. Technology continues to evolve and disrupt at breakneck speed, outpacing existing laws and regulations. As a result, businesses face challenges on all fronts on a daily basis. Employees working from home and on the road present new and unique challenges for employers. Data breaches are not a matter of if, but when, stealing precious hours of sleep from information and compliance managers and C-suite executives. Household appliances, devices and vehicles are becoming wirelessly inter-connected, this expanding the ever-increasing ecosystem of “Internet of things.” New technologies are also impacting the way lawyers manage their practices resulting in increased and more complex ethical challenges. Marketing and advertising firms that seek to exploit these new technologies also face challenges and legal risks in navigating these unchartered new waters.
TechLaw Institute 2020: The Digital Evolution will provide attendees with the information they need to serve their clients in this ever-changing environment.
What You Will Learn
- Issues relating to big data and data analytics
- The emerging Internet of Things, and how it may change the legal landscape
- Disruptive and sharing technologies and their impact on the legal landscape
- How the virtual workspace is changing business
- How hackers attack corporate computer systems and how to respond
- Recent developments in technology litigation
- The impact of new technologies on legal ethics
- How technology is changing the way we practice law
Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: All lawyers and allied professionals who need to stay current on the cutting edge of legal issues relating to technology. Business professionals, computer professionals and information managers who need to keep up-to-date with the dramatic changes in this area will also find this program valuable.
Prerequisites: An interest in cutting edge legal issues relating to technology.
Advanced Preparation: None