See Credit Details Below
All attendees and speakers are invited to a happy hour on Wednesday November 16th, immediately following the conclusion of Day One. To learn more, visit the Autumn in the City page.
This three-day program will focus on the tax issues presented by the entire spectrum of modern major corporate transactions, from single-buyer acquisitions of a division or subsidiary to multi-party joint ventures, cross-border mergers, and complex acquisitions of public companies with domestic and foreign operations, including spin-offs and other dispositions of unwanted operations.
Tax Strategies 2022 will be the most comprehensive and insightful conference you could possibly attend on corporate tax. You will receive the very latest information, strategies and practical insights available from leading tax practitioners from law firms, accounting firms, corporations and academia from across the United States, along with policymakers from the IRS and the Department of the Treasury.
What You Will Learn
- Identify key risk allocation issues when negotiating and drafting provisions in acquisition agreements
- Evaluate the relative merits of taxable transactions versus tax-free reorganizations and spin-offs, and identify when it is best to employ one transaction over another
- Understand the tax implications of transactions involving special purpose acquisitions companies (“SPACs”)
- Learn to leverage the tax benefits of using partnerships, and other passthrough entities, in joint ventures or as acquiring entities
- Employ tax efficient strategies in the acquisition of loss companies
- Understand the impact of new and evolving rules on cross-border acquisitions and restructurings
- Recognize, and learn to avoid, the ethical pitfalls you may encounter when providing tax opinions and recommending return positions
- Participate in a discussion of audience-selected transactions during our Corporate Transactions session
- Explore the most “Interesting Transactions of the Past Year”
- Receive complimentary electronic access to PLI’s number one bestseller, The Corporate Tax Practice Series: Strategies for Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings
Program Level – Overview
Intended Audience - Law firm and accounting firm professionals, in-house tax professionals and government attorneys who want to study the tax issues presented by modern major corporate transactions
Prerequisites – An interest in deepening your understanding of the tax issues presented by the entire spectrum of corporate transactions
Advanced Preparation – None