See Credit Details Below
CPE credit (NASBA QAS Self-Study) is available by completing and passing the program’s CPE Review & Exam.
Upon the successful completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Recall the details of the SEC’s November 19, 2020 Final Rule modernizing the MD&A requirements, including the principles-based overall objective of MD&A.
- List evolving MD&A disclosure areas, including the impact of COVID-19, Brexit, cybersecurity, and reference rate reform.
- Describe frequent SEC MD&A comment areas and MD&A-related enforcement cases.
This program will focus on:
- The SEC’s principles-based focus on the objective of MD&A.
- Early transition opportunities in the SEC’s new MD&A Final Rule.
- The impact of COVID-19 and Disclosure Guidance Topic 9 and 9A considerations.
- The timing of cybersecurity, Brexit, reference rate reform, and other emerging risk disclosures.
- Frequent SEC comments on MD&A, including operating segments and quantified analysis.
- Recent enforcement cases focusing on known trends.
- The latest issues in using non-GAAP measures in MD&A.
- Five ways to improve MD&A.
- Drafting and review processes examples.
CPE Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: CPAs, accountants, attorneys, and other professionals who deal with SEC reporting and disclosure, particularly with respect to MD&A, including in-house counsel, outside attorneys, chief financial officers (CFOs) and their staff, internal auditors, and partners of public accounting firms and their staff.
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of SEC reporting and disclosure requirements, particularly with respect to MD&A.
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
Updated: March 2021
Credit Information: 1 CPE credit is available upon completion of this program’s 3 content-review questions and a minimum passing score of 70% on the 5-question final exam.