See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Joining a nonprofit board can be one of the most personally and professionally rewarding experiences of an attorney’s career. Whether you’re an experienced attorney or just beginning to practice, serving on a nonprofit board can bring opportunities to deepen your skills, make valuable connections, and further a cause that is personally meaningful to you.
At PLI's "Serving on a Nonprofit Board 2022" program, you will learn how to identify opportunities for Board service and bring maximum value to your role as a board member.
What You Will Learn
- Identify opportunities for serving on a nonprofit board
- Do your due diligence: identify the questions to ask and documents to request and review before you join a nonprofit board
- Bring maximum value to your role — using your legal skills and experience to assist the Board
- Using diversity as a lens through which to make board and staff decisions
- Understand the basics and recognize potential red flags in nonprofit financial statements
- Identify and address key ethics issues and concerns for attorneys who serve on nonprofit boards
Who Should Attend
This program will provide practical tips and review important ethical considerations for attorneys currently serving on nonprofit boards or thinking about joining a nonprofit board.
Interested in learning more? Hear program chairs Judy Siegel, of the Pro Bono Partnership, and Raphael Stern, of Lawyers Alliance for New York, discussing the benefits of board service with Alicia Aiken on this episode of PLI’s podcast Pursuing Justice: The Pro Bono Files.