See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Joining a nonprofit board can be one of the most personally and professionally rewarding experiences of an attorney’s career. Whether you’re an experienced attorney or just beginning to practice, serving on a nonprofit board can bring opportunities to deepen your skills, make valuable connections, and further a cause that is personally meaningful to you.
By participating in PLI's "Serving on a Nonprofit Board 2023" program, you will learn how to identify opportunities for Board service, assess the legal and ethical issues attorney board members face, and use your skills to bring maximum value to your role as a board member.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify opportunities for serving on a nonprofit board
- Do appropriate due diligence: identify the questions to ask and documents to request and review before joining a nonprofit board
- Use legal skills and experience to assist the Board and maximize value as a Board member
- Use diversity as a lens through which to make board and staff decisions
- Understand the basics of, and recognize potential red flags in, nonprofit financial statements
- Identify and assess the key ethics issues and concerns for attorneys who serve on nonprofit boards
Who Should Attend
This program will provide practical suggestions and review important ethical considerations for attorneys currently serving on nonprofit boards or thinking about joining a nonprofit board.
Program Level: Update
Advanced Preparation: None