See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
This year’s Securities Arbitration program will feature FINRA Dispute Resolution leadership and arbitrators, as well as noted academics and experienced attorneys who represent both customers and industry. Our faculty will provide practical tips for handling product arbitrations and settling cases. They will explore the ethical challenges involved in arbitrator disclosure and replacement and will explore diversity and inclusion and the elimination of bias in the forum. Finally, they will take a look at the latest hot topics and future trends in securities arbitration for 2020.
What You Will Learn
• Recent Developments in FINRA Arbitration and Mediation
• Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias in Arbitration and Mediation
• Ethical Issues Concerning Arbitrator Disclosures and Arbitrator Replacement
• Arbitration and Mediation Settlement Practicum
• Products Practicum: Tips for Trying Product “De Jour” Arbitrations
• Hot Topics and Future Trends in Securities Arbitration in 2020
• Earn one hour of Ethics credit
• Earn up to two Transitional Skills credits
• Earn one diversity, inclusion and elimination of bias credit
Prerequisities: Attendees should be attorneys, arbitrators, mediators, industry experts or allied professionals.
Intended Audience: Attorneys and allied professionals who represent customers, brokers or broker-dealers in securities arbitration, or those who are seeking to enter into the practice. This program is also appropriate for independent arbitrators and mediators.
Advanced Prep: None