See Credit Details Below
While this program offers CPE (NASBA) credit, it has expired for CLE credit in many states. Please check the credit details below. No CLE certificate will be issued if credit has expired in your state.
Lecture Topics [01:11:32]
Upon the successful completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Recall the definition of materiality and the related SEC Guidance.
- Outline when materiality can become an issue in the SEC comment letter process.
- Recognize facts and situations surrounding enforcement actions and litigation where materiality judgments have been challenged by the SEC and in the courts.
This program will focus on:
- The GAAP concept of materiality.
- How the SEC deals with materiality in Regulation S-X.
- SAB 99 and materiality.
- Quantitative and qualitative considerations.
- SAB 108.
- Iron curtain versus roll-over concepts.
- How to analyze materiality for quarters.
- The courts’ interpretation of materiality.
- Lessons from example SEC comment letters and responses.
- Examples from litigation surrounding materiality.
- Tips for documenting materiality judgments.
CPE Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: In-house counsel, outside attorneys, board members, corporate officers, and other allied professionals responsible for the preparation of public reporting and disclosure documents.
Prerequisites: A background in the preparation of public reporting and disclosure documents.
Advanced Preparation: None
Instructional Method: QAS Self-Study
Updated: March 2019