See Credit Details Below
In this virtual Workshop for financial reporting professionals, you will build the practical knowledge base, skills and tools required to succeed in an SEC reporting role and apply these tools to examples from the Form 10-K annual report. Participants will learn the process of researching SEC disclosure questions and working with the SEC staff in the review process. This is an interactive Workshop (via Zoom) and open discussion is encouraged to enhance and deepen the learning process.
The Workshop includes online access to PLI’s SEC Reporting Handbook.
What You Will Learn
In this Workshop participants will:
- Use the instructions to the Forms to understand disclosure requirements
- Navigate Regulation S-K and apply non-financial statement disclosure requirements
- Use Regulation S-X for financial statement disclosure requirements
- Research other sources of SEC guidance, including the Financial Reporting Manual, Compliance and Disclosure Interpretations (C&DIs) and Staff Accounting Bulletins (SABs)
- Understand the SEC’s organization and function with a focus on the review process and frequent comment areas
- Apply these sources of SEC guidance to Part One of Form 10-K
What You Should Bring
To customize your Workshop and gain the most benefit from this interactive learning experience, we recommend you have access to your company’s or a client’s most recent Form 10-K. If you work with a company that is not yet public, filings from a company in your industry are a reasonable alternative.
Who Should Attend
CFOs, controllers and their staff, internal auditors, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, investor relations professionals, audit committee members, and others involved in the preparation or review of SEC filings. For attorneys, general counsel, in-house counsel and corporate legal staff, we recommend taking our SEC 101 Reporting Essentials for Lawyers Workshop or, for a more in-depth analysis of legal issues in SEC reporting, our two-day intensive SEC Reporting and Practice Skills Workshop for Lawyers.
CFOs, controllers and their staff, internal auditors, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, investor relations professionals, audit committee members, and others involved in the preparation or review of SEC filings.
Suggested add-on courses:
Upon completion of this Workshop you will be ready to apply the SEC’s guidance and continue your learning at our more advanced SEC Reporting Essential Workshops, which build upon this foundational program, including our: