Reviewing the June 2020 Presidential Proclamation’s Impact on Nonimmigrant Visa Holders
- Implications for H-1B, H-2B, L-1, and certain J-1 statuses, and dependents
- Exemptions and waivers, who do they apply to?
- Impact on foreign nationals outside or travelling outside the United States
- ICE rule regarding F-1 students and on-line instruction
- Open issues and what to look for in potential future changes impacting high skilled immigration
This briefing will review the June 22 Presidential Proclamation and June 29 amendment that restrict the entry of foreign nationals in the H-1B, L-1, H-2B, J-1 categories, and related categories for dependents, as well as other immigration restrictions as a result of COVID19. Join Parisa Karaahmet and Karine Wenger from Fragomen as they share their analysis of the Proclamation and other immigration initiatives, and analyze implications for immigration practitioners and their clients.