See Credit Details Below
It is critical for commercial leasing attorneys and financial advisors of all levels of experience to understand the changed circumstances under which landlords, tenants, and lenders are now operating. If you are a landlord or tenant considering rent relief, payment alternatives, tenant improvement allowances, lease extensions or even lease termination, the current economic environment will impact your strategy.
Our expert panel will unpack key factors to consider when evaluating whether to restructure your commercial real estate leases, as well as the market conditions (including the current pandemic) driving those conversations. The panel will also examine how involved parties are approaching negotiations and how leasing practices have been modified to deal with the current pandemic. Please join Justin X. Thompson, Nahal H. Adler and Ian T. O’Banion from Nixon Peabody LLP as they:
- Pinpoint lease provisions commonly impacted by 2020 events and highlight ramifications (10 minutes)
- Discuss how best to deal with tenant requests to restructure the lease (15 minutes)
- Consider how to best approach a landlord to request a lease restructure (15 minutes)
- Identify key points of negotiation for a lease restructure from landlord/tenant perspective (10 minutes)
- Review key third party considerations to factor into restructuring (10 minutes)
Attendees should have a foundational knowledge of commercial leasing and real estate matters. Outside counsel, in-house attorneys, lenders, and retail or other real estate management professionals responsible for drafting, reviewing, and/or negotiating commercial leases, advising on leasing contract terms including lending will find this presentation instructive.