See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
This program is designed to equip attorneys with a sharper understanding of the substantive law, strategies, procedures, and best practices relevant to their representation of low-income clients who seek government benefits such as public assistance and benefits under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). These necessary benefits can be difficult to access for many eligible applicants due to the complex rules governing public benefits.
What You Will Learn
- Eligibility for public assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) eligibility
- Immigrant eligibility for public benefits
- Work rules in New York City and New York State
- Strategies for representing clients at fair hearings
- Recent developments
Who Should Attend
Attend this program to learn about public benefits, eligibility criteria, work requirements, the fair hearing process, and recent developments.