See Credit Details Below
The SEC’s recent amendments to Regulation S-K come into effect on November 9, 2020. The amendments revise periodic public company disclosure requirements, including with respect to the description of business (Item 101), legal proceedings (Item 103) and risk factors (Item 105). Significantly, the revisions adopt a principles-based approach to disclosure and require new descriptions of a company’s human capital resources and other factors related to a company’s workforce and personnel.
Join Sabastian V. Niles, John L. Robinson, Elina Tetelbaum and Erica E. Bonnett, of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, for a discussion of these amendments and some practical advice on how to implement these changes for the upcoming year-end reporting process.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Overview of the amendments (10 minutes)
- What is a “principles-based” approach? (10 minutes)
- Business description and human capital resources disclosure (15 minutes)
- Legal proceedings and risk factor changes (15 minutes)
- Approach for the upcoming reporting cycle (10 minutes)
Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: Outside attorneys, in-house counsel, financial advisors, accounting professionals and other allied professionals responsible for or involved with public company disclosure – please edit as necessary
Advanced Preparation: None