See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
PLI proudly welcomes back Program Chairs David W. Bonser and Adam O. Emmerich together with an exceptional faculty to prepare even the most experienced professional to remain competitive with up-to-date instruction in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions and REITs. Commercial real estate is among the hardest hit industries due to COVID-19. Clients are looking to their legal advisors for more proactive guidance on how to manage their risk, renegotiate deals, and restructure their investments.
Despite the upheaval of 2020 (or perhaps because of it), those working in high-stakes M&A and REIT sectors have tremendous opportunities to thrive in this new landscape. To meet this demand, PLI’s Real Estate M&A and REIT Transactions 2021 program was designed to educate practitioners and analysts alike on global market forces while providing strategic, practical skills in this unique field.
What You Will Learn
- Analysis of short-term v. long-term impact of COVID-19 on real estate
- What to expect on out/in-flows of capital into the M&A and REITs sector
- Understand shareholder and REIT activism
- Deal and negotiation strategies
- Recent developments in Maryland and Delaware laws
- Tax implications and IRS regulations
- Updated SEC views on relevant GAAP measures, EBITDA, and financial statement requirements
- Credit facilities and cash access in the age of COVID-19
- Original REITs data and materials
- Insight from federal regulators
- Interactive panel structure
Who Should Attend
Real estate, corporate, tax, and restructuring professionals who must understand the complexities of REIT and M&A and capital markets transactions, including in-house counsel, practitioners, law and business professors, analysts, and financial and investment advisors, will benefit from this popular, instructional program.
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of commercial real estate transactions
Intended Audience: Real estate, M&A, corporate finance, and tax professionals
Advanced Preparation: None