Why You Should Attend
This prison litigation course is a companion to PLI’s fall Prison Law program and will provide more in-depth analysis of practical strategies for lawyers litigating prison practices and treatment of incarcerated persons. Expert practitioners will discuss mental health and health services litigation, opioid addiction treatment litigation, hepatitis C treatment litigation, current issues under the Prison Litigation Reform Act (PLRA), as well as developments concerning pretrial detainees' constitutional deprivation claims.
What You Will Learn
- Strategies for litigating for health and mental health services for incarcerated persons
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Treatment of chronic Hepatitis C
- Prison, jail and detention: litigation developments
- Common challenges in prison litigation and strategies for overcoming these challenges
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for lawyers who represent incarcerated persons, prisoners’ rights advocates, and also lawyers or law students considering pro bono representation.