See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
In an area where advocates face increasingly challenging legal issues, whether they represent incarcerated individuals from a public interest practice, private practice, or as a policy advocate, PLI’s Prison Law program offers a unique focus on evolving prison law issues.
What You Will Learn
- Prison, jail, detention litigation fundamentals
- Prison, jail, detention litigation update and advanced issues
- Transgender rights in prison, jail, or detention
- Select issues for persons in custody: from prison safety to medical services to mental health
- Ethical considerations in prison law matters
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for lawyers who work with respect to prison conditions and prisoner treatment. Prisoners’ rights advocates, as well as lawyers or law students considering pro bono representation or who want to hear about the legal issues that arise in connection with state and federal prison populations, will find this program especially valuable.