See Credit Details Below
It is well established that hedge fund activism has become a ubiquitous feature of the corporate landscape, affecting public companies of all sizes. We have revamped the agenda to provide attorneys with a fresh perspective on the lessons learned in what has become a historic and remarkable year.
An all-new agenda has been created for this year’s program to respond to the current state of hedge fund activism, with an additional focus on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on strategies and tactics. New this year are the discussions about maximizing leverage in an activist situation, and the best practices for responding to and resolving activist campaigns, as well as an in-depth review of the accelerating and evolving role of ESG and “stakeholder” governance.
This diverse faculty of experts will share from their own experience about the latest themes in activist campaigns, making sure attendees walk away with constructive best practices for preparing for and engaging with activists.
What You Will Learn
- New! Observations and expectations arising out of COVID-19
- Latest trends and themes in activist campaigns
- Key takeaways from 2020 campaigns
- Review the latest state of play in ongoing marketplace debate regarding shareholder vs. “stakeholder” primacy
- The latest developments in how shareholder activism is impacting M&A markets and transactions
- The role of ESG in activism campaigns
- New! Review the impact of COVID-19 on activism strategies
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Attorneys with responsibility for advising officers, directors and other senior company officials on their governance matters and issues, as well as for directors and officers themselves.
Prerequisites: An interest in shareholder engagement and related governance issues.
Advanced Prep: None