See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
This program features helpful arbitration preparation strategy that will cover the range of considerations parties should address before engaging in an arbitration. Some early considerations discussed by our seasoned faculty include, how to approach forum selection, choosing the appropriate arbitration rules and governing law, selecting the arbitrator and preparing for the preliminary conference.
What Will You Will Learn
• Deciding Whether You Want to Arbitrate or Litigate - Advantages of Arbitration v. Litigation, Disadvantages of Arbitration
• Preliminary Considerations - Are You Interstate or Intrastate? Delegation Provisions, Brief word about International v. Domestic, Selecting the Forum: Ad hoc or administered arbitration
• Choosing the Applicable Arbitration Rules and Governing Law - Substantive and Procedural Law Selection
• Filing – Pleadings, Arbitrator Selection, 1 v. 3, Selection Process, Party-appointed v. Neutral
• Why You Want to Get Involved Early - Preparing for the Preliminary Conference is Critical, Establishing goals, How To Control Discovery
Who Should Attend
Lawyers engaged in arbitrations or counseling clients to consider arbitrations should find this program informative.