See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Whether you represent potential plaintiffs or defendants in patent litigation, you must be up-to-date on the current state of the law and able to quickly develop successful litigation strategies and tactics. Outside and in-house lawyers with national reputations in patent litigation will offer guidance on preparing for, managing and trying bench and jury patent trials, and the program as a whole will furnish comprehensive coverage of every phase of these patent matters. Judges will provide their insights on the conduct and management of patent litigation, in addition to sharing practical guidance for litigants.
What You Will Learn
- Watch a demonstration of an effective opening statement in a patent case from the plaintiff and the defendant, including commentary from a jury consultant
- Hear recent developments affecting patent litigation practice and case strategies, including current and future impacts of key Supreme Court and Federal Circuit decisions, as well as proposed legislation
- Understand the role of patents and patent litigation as part of a corporate business strategy
- Discover the rules of claim construction via live demonstration, use of experts, and the role (if any) of fact discovery
- Recognize ethical issues in jury cases, including the role of social media (Earn 1 hour of Ethics credit)
- Listen as judges share their views on managing patent litigation, recent trends, and tips for efficient case disposition
Who Should Attend
If you are a patent litigator/lawyer, general business litigator, patent prosecutor, or corporate counsel, attend this comprehensive program and hone your patent litigation skills in just one day!