See Credit Details Below
Do you prepare patent applications? If so, join patent authority Jeffrey G. Sheldon of Cislo & Thomas LLP as he provides you with an insightful and timely update on patent preparation strategies based on new developments in the law. Obtain the skills and best practices you need to provide better client service, and increase chances that your patent will issue and survive an IPR and litigation. Discussions will include:
- Best strategies in writing applications in view of possible abstract idea and product of nature rejections
- How to make provisional applications prior art as to third parties
- Functional language versus product by process language – what is it?
- Broad claims and the enablement challenge
- Should the background portion of a patent application be skinny?
- The potential trap of multiple embodiments in a design application
- How many drawings in a design patent application?
- Challenging inventorship
- Using “and” and “or”
- Priority claims