See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Improving our writing skills is paramount as legal professionals. Tailored specifically for paralegals, this one-hour program will discuss the key legal writing concepts and skills that firms expect from paralegals who work on litigation matters.
In addition to practical steps on how to improve your own writing skills and better utilize the technology at your fingertips, there will also be a pragmatic discussion on how to better analyze opposing counsel’s writing. By growing your skill set in these areas, you're laying the building blocks for a long legal career, and improving your ability to help manage litigation teams.
What You Will Learn
- A deep dive into the power of citations, how they relate to the substance of the case, and what attorneys are expecting when they ask you to "cite check" a brief
- Examples of common mistakes with citations, and how to build workflows to ensure accuracy
- An overview of tech tools to help with legal writing and cite-checking
- How to analyze opposing counsel's writing to help your attorneys respond
- Actionable habits to improve your writing style
Who Should Attend
Paralegals who are interested in improving their legal writing skills.