See Credit Details Below
Open source software continues to occupy an important place in the technology sector, bringing with it questions and concerns. What exactly is it? What are users allowed to do with it? Why are there so many different license agreements that all purport to be open source licenses? What impact does using it have on other software development work?
James S. Talbot, a Counsel in the Intellectual Property and Technology group at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP, will lead an insightful discussion addressing the rise of open source and its use today, and will address the following topics:
- What is open source software?
- The origins of the open source software movement
- How differing philosophies behind open source have driven some of the differences in licensing regimes
- What are the key legal and technical issues posed by open source software?
- An overview of the main licenses for open source software