See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
The Internet and networked technologies have spawned many new business models that arise from empowering consumers and satisfying their desires, providing products or services that bring individuals and businesses together in new marketplaces, shaking up old industries and networks, and creating new business opportunities and challenges. New technologies and online platforms are changing our lives, economy, and society in dramatic ways.
This program will address some of the hottest legal and policy topics that online platforms have brought to the fore: free speech, hate speech, fake news, privacy and surveillance, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and Internet of things. It will also discuss international legal and policy tensions affecting global technologies and organizations. Those who attend this program will learn from experienced and insightful experts and pioneers in these important and fast-moving fields.
What You Will Learn
- New developments and controversies over online platforms as deputies for enforcement and the rule of law
- Case law and regulation developments in the U.S. and EU
- How law and policy grow and unfold in response to new technologies and business models
- Jurisdictional conflicts and rivalries in a connected world
- Consumer protection and competition in e-commerce platforms
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning: new responsibilities, new liabilities?
- Internet of Things, Internet of Everything, Privacy, and Surveillance
- Listen to our panel of in-house counsel discuss hot topics and provide practical advice
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit anyone who advises online platforms or marketplaces or consumer technology developers, who litigate for or against them, and who invests in new business or technology models or advises those investors. It will also benefit those who practice intellectual property law, technology law, media law, corporate law for startup or emerging growth companies, regulatory law, and litigation. This program features dynamic speakers and audience interaction.