See Credit Details Below
Noncompetes, confidentiality agreements, nonsolicitation agreements, and other restrictive covenants have been relied upon for hundreds of years to protect trade secrets and customer relationships. But under a proposed rule, the FTC would ban virtually all noncompetes, as well as potentially other types of confidentiality agreements, nonsolicitation agreements, and other restrictive covenants.
This program will provide an understanding of the FTC’s proposed rule, what will likely happen, and how to protect your company and your clients in the face of it.
During this discussion registrants will:
- Obtain an overview of what the FTC is proposing (10 minutes)
- Understand how this proposal fits in with the existing legal framework for noncompetes (10 minutes)
- See how the proposed rule fits in with recent legislative efforts surrounding noncompete law (10 minutes)
- Gain an understanding of the process for the FTC’s rulemaking and enforcement actions (15 minutes)
- Learn how to protect your client’s business interests in the event noncompetes are curtailed for certain groups of workers (15 minutes)
Program Level: Update
Advanced Preparation: None
Beck Reed Riden LLP
Megan L. Wolf
Crowell & Moring LLP