See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) have exploded onto the scene, the most happening phenom in connection with various types of entertainment content – visual arts, music, games, sounds, and the like so far. NFTs present a broad range of legal issues, each of which is nuanced, and the risks can be significant. The creation of artworks, and their delivery, is evolving, with new players involved who want to change things such as how artwork is marketed, sold, and delivered. Come learn about key legal and business issues in this fast-paced and quickly evolving area.
What You Will Learn
- Understand key copyright, trademark, and right of publicity issues raised by NFT sales in digital visual art and music
- Discover the relevant laws and practices that are specific to visual art and music, and that are raised by NFT sales of these types of works
- Review the pre-NFT state of play of virtual goods in video games
- Realize new opportunities and challenges that NFTs bring to the video gaming industry
- Address regulatory issues (including securities, commodities, and tax issues), as well as negotiating and exit-planning tips, in the video gaming industry
Who Should Attend
Outside and in-house attorneys representing any person or entity offering NFTs for sale or who are considering getting into the business, as well as those who represent content providers of artwork, music and game companies.
Program Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Intended Audience: Outside and in-house attorneys representing any person or entity offering NFTs for sale or who are considering getting into the business, as well as those who represent content providers of artwork, music and game companies.
Advanced Preparation: None