See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Negotiation is part of any lawyer’s everyday life. You negotiate with colleagues, clients, and opposing counsel about an array of issues, ranging from simple project deadlines to complex contractual language. This program is designed to help you gain confidence in every negotiation you conduct, including virtual negotiations. The panelists represent academicians, in-house counsel, and leading local attorneys.
What You Will Learn
• Following the steps to a successful negotiation
• Organizing a strategy before, during, and after a negotiation
• Identifying the three types of negotiations and when to use each
• Creating and using “currencies” during a negotiation
• Bargaining and offering concessions effectively
• Preparing tactics and avoiding ploys during a negotiation
• Considering methods of alternative dispute resolution as alternatives to trial
Who Should Attend
Practitioners who want to gain understanding of the negotiation process should attend. This program will prove helpful for new attorneys, or those transitioning to a negotiation-heavy practice. Also, the sessions will address issues pertinent to experienced practitioners who wish to refresh their negotiation skills or learn new approaches to the negotiations they conduct.