See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
The Annual Municipal Law Institute provides attendees with analysis of important developments, emerging legal issues, and best practices for local government lawyers. This year’s program will explore important issues and developments in crucial areas of municipal law. Program faculty will discuss significant and evolving issues such as affirmative litigation by cities, where the city acts as a commercial actor and/or governmental actor; juvenile justice reforms and trends; ethical issues for municipal lawyers; and significant Supreme Court decisions that may affect municipalities from this Term.
What You Will Learn
- The city as plaintiff: protecting city interests and affirmative litigation by municipal law departments
- Inter-governmental disputes such as litigation about the 2020 census and next steps
- Public health, product liability and commercial disputes, including discussion of opioid litigation
- Juvenile justice systems, reforms and trends
- Ethics for local government lawyers
- Supreme Court update for municipal lawyers
Who Should Attend
Regardless of experience level, lawyers practicing in a city law department, as well as attorneys representing city agencies, commissions, or employees, will benefit from this program.