See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Hear from current and former SEC staff and leading experts on GAAP, disclosure, audit and more at this year’s Midyear Forum! Attendees will learn about the accounting, disclosure and reporting relief related to COVID-19, as well as standard-setting agendas of the FASB and PCAOB, updates on rulemaking, interpretive guidance, frequent comments, and enforcement actions emanating from the SEC. Our expert faculty will provide practical approaches to new and complex accounting and disclosure requirements.
What You Will Learn
- Accounting, disclosure and reporting relief related to COVID-19, including a focus on impairment accounting and reporting issues
- Updates on rulemaking and interpretive guidance in the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance, plus other hot topics in their comment process and changes to the accelerated filer definition
- Key accounting developments from the FASB: new accounting standards updates and projects in process
- Gearing up for your MD&A disclosures, including changes to MD&A from the SEC’s Disclosure Effectiveness project
- Issues incurred in accounting for income taxes
- Status of the credit losses standard implementation and other financial instruments hot topics
- PCAOB update, including critical audit matters
- Ethical challenges for registrants, which qualifies for Ethics credit for CPE purposes
- Key focus areas and hot topics throughout
Who Should Attend
SEC reporting professionals, including those involved in the preparation or review of financial statements, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, lawyers and corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, and audit committee members.
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: SEC reporting professionals, including those involved in the preparation or review of financial statements, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, lawyers and corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, and audit committee members.
We recommend first attending the SEC Reporting Skills Workshop for Financial Professionals or SEC Reporting and Practice Skills Workshop for Lawyers or prior experience with the SEC reporting process and use of the Instructions to Forms, and Regulations S-K and S-X.
Advanced Preparation: None