See Credit Details Below
This program features a lively discussion on a range of legal ethics situations inspired by scenes in the novel, Unreasonable Doubts. Our faculty includes the author - a former a criminal appellate attorney - reviewing various legal ethics rules and the potential ethical lines crossed with two expert legal ethics counsel. The ethics analysis also includes related discussion on attorney mental health, what "communicating" means now and how ethical rules can tie into each other, creating the potential for a lawyer's single action to trigger violations of several ethics rules.
What You Will Learn
- Reviewing the Obligation of Zealous Advocacy and Attorney “Burn-Out”
- Rules Regarding Attorney Communication with the Media
- Ethical Pitfalls in In-Person Client Meetings
- Rules Governing Written Correspondence with Client
- Ethical Lines Addressing Personal Relationships with Clients/Former Clients
- Reporting A Client’s Criminal Conduct to Others
Who Should Attend
Lawyers interested in learning about legal ethics through a conversational format should find this program engaging and informative.
PLI’s Studio Briefings are on-demand video CLE programs that feature an intimate and engaging round table discussion format with legal and industry experts addressing a range of topics. Visit our landing page for our library of PLI Studio Briefings.