See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
This program will address the critical issues that IP, technology and business lawyers need to consider when handling open source software in today’s economy. Armed with this information, you will be better able to help your clients make intelligent choices and decisions about how to take advantage of the benefits and manage the risks presented by open source software.
What You Will Learn
• Open source licenses in the context of real-life issues
• Guidance on how to analyze an open source license and its key provisions
• Patents and standards in an open source world
• New business models based on open source software
• Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Who Should Attend
This program will be of interest to attorneys and allied professional who license open source software and need to understand how the licensing and use of open source software can impact their business or the business of their clients.
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Technology lawyers, IP lawyers, in-house counsel, outside corporate counsel, and allied professionals whose clients develop, use, distribute or invest in technology.
Prerequisites: An interest in the development, licensing, and application of open source software.
Advanced Prep: None