See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Attorneys confront intellectual property issues frequently in the context of a variety of corporate, commercial, and other business transactions. By attending this program, you will acquire, update or refine an in-depth understanding of IP considerations as they arise in business transactions. The program will begin with a brief update of key developments, and will explore the strategic role of IP in a company and its business transactions. Learn how to assess intellectual property as a strategic asset and how to monetize IP while avoiding costly mistakes. Expert faculty will also review joint development and shared intellectual property ventures, due diligence issues, and share best practices. This program – essential for all IP transactional attorneys – will cover issues that may arise across patent, trademark, and copyright law.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of how intellectual property issues arise in the context of transactions
- Updated review of new issues impacting transactions related to copyright, trademark, domain names, trade secrets and patents
- Nuts and bolts of due diligence
- Practice Points: Clause-by-clause analysis of a licensing agreement
- Data and online assets in IP transactions
- IP in “Internet of Things” transactions
- Panel discussion: IP issues for in-house counsel
- Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Who Should Attend
This program – essential for all IP transactional attorneys – will cover issues that may arise across patent, trademark, and copyright law.