See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
From commencement to conclusion, lawyers face numerous issues when conducting an internal investigation. Allegations by a whistleblower, ethical dilemmas, and managing the costs of an investigation are just some of the challenges that may arise. Companies and their counsel must anticipate potential risks and quickly resolve all issues that arise before, during, and after the investigation.
At this program, an expert faculty will review the fundaments of conducting an effective and efficient investigation using a real-world hypothetical with a graphic novel illustration to bring the story to life. Leave the program with a better understanding of how to handle investigations successfully for your clients or company.
What You Will Learn
- Determining the nature and scope of the investigation
- Addressing document retention and data privacy issues
- Managing labor and employment law issues
- Protecting the attorney-client privilege and work product
- Understanding the government’s use, evaluation and weighing of internal investigations
- Real-world hypothetical scenario with graphic novel illustration to structure program
- Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Who Should Attend
This program is a must-attend event for anyone responsible for corporate investigations: inside and outside counsel, internal auditors, compliance officers, forensic accountants and other experts who handle internal investigations, and government attorneys — anyone who has a stake in this process.
Program Level: Basic
Intended Audience: Individuals responsible for corporate investigations: inside and outside counsel, internal auditors, compliance officers, forensic accountants and other experts who handle internal investigations, and government attorneys.
Prerequisites: A background in conducting internal investigations and the preparation of internal investigation reports.
Advanced Preparation: None