See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
This program focuses on the current critical issues of information privacy, cybersecurity and data protection faced by all companies. The Internet and evolving mobile and virtualized information technologies, wired and wireless, have prompted the development of powerful tools for the collection, processing, storage, and use of personal information. More than ever, businesses are digital and data driven. These trends create a wide range of compliance risk and liability issues regarding organizations’ rights to use personal information. They also raise the stakes for protecting such data in increasingly challenging risk environments, ranging from internal vulnerabilities to criminal cyber hackers and other persistent threats. Legislators, regulators and the courts are rapidly developing new law and compliance obligations to address the privacy and security implications of our expanding information economy and its continuously evolving risks. This annual conference focuses on these developments with the goal of keeping attorneys and other privacy professionals informed and up to date in this complex and dynamic area of laws and regulations.
What You Will Learn
- Consumer privacy enforcement priorities of the FTC and state attorneys general
- Management of privacy and cybersecurity risk in business deals
- Latest developments in workplace privacy andemployee monitoring
- Ethical and cyber-risk management issues in using information and technology
- Cyber insurance
- Preventive measures to avoid litigation
- Compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- Key developments in global privacy
- CPOs and CISOs share their secrets
- Earn one hour of CLE Ethics credit
- Earn Continuing Privacy Education credit
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: This program is intended for general and solo practitioners, transactional attorneys, general and corporate counsels, in-house lawyers and legal professionals supporting any client with information risk issues.
Prerequisites: A basic knowledge of general privacy and data security issues facing companies today.
Advanced Preparation: None