See Credit Details Below
This program focuses on the current critical issues of information privacy, cybersecurity and data protection faced by businesses. The Internet and evolving information technologies have prompted the development of powerful tools for the collection, use, processing, storage, and disposal of personal information. More than ever, businesses are digital and data driven. These trends create a wide range of compliance risk and liability issues regarding the collection and use of personal information. They also raise the stakes for protecting such data in increasingly challenging risk environments, ranging from internal vulnerabilities to criminal cyberattacks and other persistent threats. Legislators, regulators and courts are rapidly developing new law and compliance obligations to address the privacy and security implications of our expanding information economy and its continuously evolving risks. This annual conference focuses on these developments with the goal of keeping attorneys and other privacy professionals informed and up-to-date in this complex and dynamic area of laws and regulations.
What You Will Learn
- Latest US privacy frameworks, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
- Consumer privacy enforcement priorities of the FTC, SEC and state attorneys general
- Management of privacy and cybersecurity risk in corporate and commercial deals
- Latest developments in workplace privacy and employee monitoring
- Ethical and cyber-risk management issues in using information and technology
- Proactive measures to mitigate cyber risk and reactive response techniques
- Cybersecurity insurance
- Preventive measures to avoid litigation
- Compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- Latest developments outside the US and EU, including Brazil and India
- CPOs and CISOs share their secrets
- Earn one hour of CLE Ethics credit
- Earn Continuing Privacy Education credit
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: A general familiarity with privacy and data security law issues.
Intended Audience: This program is intended for general and solo practitioners, transactional attorneys, general and corporate counsels, in-house lawyers and legal professionals supporting any client with information risk issues. This program will presume a general familiarity with privacy and data security issues and is intended for intermediate to advanced professionals looking to hone their skills.
Advanced Prep: None