See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
This program focuses on the key issues related to information privacy, cybersecurity and data protection faced by businesses. The Internet and evolving information technologies have prompted the development of powerful tools for the collection, use, processing, storage, and disposal of personal information. More than ever, businesses are digital and data driven. These trends create a wide range of compliance risk and liability issues regarding the collection and use of personal information. They also raise the stakes for protecting such data in increasingly challenging risk environments, ranging from internal vulnerabilities to criminal cyberattacks and other persistent threats. Legislators, regulators, and courts are rapidly developing new laws and compliance obligations to address the privacy and security implications of our expanding information economy and its continuously evolving risks. This annual conference focuses on these developments with the goal of keeping attorneys and other privacy and cybersecurity professionals informed and up to date in this complex and dynamic area of laws and regulations.
What You Will Learn
- Latest US privacy frameworks, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
- Enforcement priorities of the FTC and state attorneys general
- Management of privacy and cybersecurity risk in corporate and commercial deals
- Latest developments in workplace privacy and employee monitoring
- Ethical and cyber-risk management issues in using information and technology
- Proactive measures to mitigate cyber risk and reactive response techniques
- Artificial Intelligence and Identity Management
- Preventive measures to avoid litigation
- Compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- Latest developments outside the US and EU, including Brazil and India
- CPOs and CISOs share their secrets
- Earn one hour of CLE Ethics credit
- Earn Continuing Privacy Education credit
Who Should Attend: This program is intended for attorneys and professionals supporting any client with information privacy and security strategy, compliance and risk management issues. This program will presume a general familiarity with privacy and data security issues and is intended for intermediate to advanced professionals looking to hone their skills.
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: A general familiarity with privacy and cybersecurity law issues.
Intended Audience: This program is intended for attorneys and professionals supporting any client with information privacy and security strategy, compliance and risk management issues. This program will presume a general familiarity with privacy and data security issues and is intended for intermediate to advanced professionals looking to hone their skills.
Other Prerequisite (PLI program, if necessary): None
Advanced Prep: None