See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
PLI’s Seventh Annual Institute on Corporate & Securities Law in Hong Kong 2019 will be a highlight in the education calendar in Asia. Our faculty will be composed of leading legal practitioners, including in-house counsel, who are active in Asian, U.S. and UK corporate and securities law. They will be joined by key government representatives and other regulators, as well as prominent investment bank professionals. Together our faculty will provide timely, practical guidance on the most critical issues facing corporate and securities law practitioners in Asia today.
Attending this program will ensure you are completely up to date on the latest developments in Asia, and in the best position to advise your clients. Listen to and participate in debates about the legal developments across Asia, and gain a better understanding of the business drivers and trends that are influencing regulators, lawmakers, and the approach to enforcement.
What You Will Learn
- Mergers & Acquisitions Review: Learn about key drivers for the M&A market in Asia, as well as the impact of foreign investment restrictions and industry regulation on cross-border transactions
- Regulation of the Hong Kong Capital Markets – Direction of Travel
- South and South East Asian Capital Markets: Hear about recent trends in South and South East Asia; learn how the experts are navigating changing markets
- U.S. Regulatory Developments Impacting Asia: Understand the critical regulatory activity happening in the U.S. that is impacting Asian markets
- In-House Counsel Roundtable: Gain insight into the issues that general counsel are focused upon
- Enforcement Issues in Asia: Learn about current enforcement efforts with key agency officials from the U.S. and Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Equity Capital Markets: Hear about developments in the Hong Kong regulatory regime from the perspectives of both the regulator and the market
- Insolvency and Restructuring Case Study: Hear about developments across Asia impacting the approaches taken in a whole variety of distressed situations
- Connecting China and Hong Kong: Stock connect, bond connect, ETF connect and what other connects are in the works
- The Legal Industry in Ten Years’ Time: Discuss what will the future look like and which markets will progress the fastest
• Earn one full hour of Ethics credit
• Special rates available for in-house counsel
• Keynote address on both days
• Networking opportunities
Who Should Attend
Corporate and securities law practitioners at any level of experience, including law firm and in-house counsel, financial and compliance officers, banking and accounting professionals, as well as government agency staff, will benefit from this comprehensive, practice-driven Institute.