See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
PLI’s Illinois Professional Responsibility MCLE Marathon 2023 is designed to help experienced attorneys practicing in Illinois meet their MCLE professional responsibility requirements, including one hour of Diversity and Inclusion and one hour of Mental Health and Substance Abuse. The program will include discussion of best practices and new and emerging professionalism and ethical issues.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Learn about any updates in ethical issues
- Study diversity and inclusion in the legal profession: focusing on identity and understanding how who you are affects how you lawyer
- Understand attorney well-being and mental health issues
- Learn about key ethical issues for government attorneys
- Find out about ethics issues in pro bono matters
- Understand use of technology in legal practice and key ethical considerations surrounding it
Who Should Attend
If your last name begins with letters N-Z (and you are not newly admitted), June 30, 2023 is the completion deadline for your two-year reporting period, at which time you must have finished thirty hours of MCLE credit, including at least six hours approved for professional responsibility, including one credit of diversity and one credit of mental health and substance abuse. If your last name begins with letters A-M (and you are not newly admitted), you can get a head start on your MCLE credits for your next completion deadline of June 30, 2024. Illinois attorneys can verify their requirements with the Illinois MCLE Board at www.mcleboard.org.
Special Feature: Earn 4 hours of Professional Responsibility credit, 1 hour of Diversity and Inclusion credit and 1 hour of Mental Health and Substance Abuse credit
Program Level: Overview
Advanced Preparation: None.