See Credit Details Below
Recently proposed legislation in the US along with rising tensions between the US and China present significant challenges for US-listed companies with substantial operations in China.
During this Briefing, Mayer Brown LLP partners Jason T. Elder and Christina M. Thomas will explain the details of the Holding Foreign Companies Accountable Act, how it potentially impacts US-listed Chinese companies, and options and mechanics for US-listed Chinese companies to exit the US public markets.
Topics will include:
- recent SEC guidance and public statements – 10 minutes;
- take-private transactions, such as negotiated acquisitions, buybacks and tender offers – 10 minutes;
- delisting from the NYSE and Nasdaq – 10 minutes;
- deregistering securities registered with the US SEC – 10 minutes;
- secondary (to primary) listings in Hong Kong – 10 minutes; and
- what’s next for issuers facing these uncertainties – 10 minutes.
Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: In-house counsel, outside attorneys, financial and other allied professionals advising US-listed Chinese companies
Advanced Preparation: None