See Credit Details Below
Child custody, visitation, and guardianship, like most family law topics, are ever-evolving areas of practice. Advocates who appear in the Family Courts of New York must understand how to effectively represent their respective clients in these complex and emotionally-charged proceedings. This full-day program will provide insight and practical guidance from a faculty of experienced judges and practitioners. You will walk away with a clearer understanding of how to effectively obtain the assistance of the Family Court, and how recent case law will impact your practice.
What You Will Learn
• How to file an appropriate modification petition
• The factors the Family Court considers in its determinations
• How to use court-ordered investigations (COIs), MHS evaluations and forensic reports at hearings
• Best practices for admitting evidence and using it effectively
• The changing legal landscape for same-sex families
Who Should Attend
Attorneys who represent parents and children in the Family Courts of the State of New York, as well as advocates working with these parties and jurists who decide these matters will benefit from this comprehensive one-day program.