See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Paralegals are faced with HIPAA issues on an ever-increasing basis and need to carefully navigate the requirements of HIPAA Privacy, Breach Notification, and Security Rules. Specifically, these HIPAA Rules require that people that provide services to certain health care entities only use and disclose patients’ or beneficiaries’ data in certain ways, implement data security controls, and notify if there’s a breach of that data. Attend this program and discover what paralegals need to know about privacy, healthcare, and the law, and walk away with practical tips you can immediately put into practice!
What You Will Learn
- Discover when HIPAA rules apply and when they do not as a paralegal
- Learn the impacts of HIPAA requirements on the work as a paralegal
- Explore the circumstances when HIPAA applies to clients of paralegals
- Find out how paralegals ensure compliance with HIPAA requirements when dealing with clients
- Understand the biggest risks for paralegals and their clients related to HIPAA requirements
- Identify considerations for supervising attorneys to ensure the work of paralegals is properly recognized and appreciated
- Describe how attorneys can best interact with paralegals, and conversely, how paralegals can best interact with their attorneys and supervisors
Who Should Attend
All legal and compliance professionals who interact with HIPAA covered entities and business associates.