See Credit Details Below
Despite the recent urban legend, HIPAA is still in effect during this COVID-19 Crisis! The application of HIPAA during the COVID-19 pandemic is a key consideration in response to the public health crisis, and HIPAA covered entities and business associates should understand and consider recent guidance on data privacy and security issues from federal government agencies like the Department of Health and Human Services, the FBI, and the FCC.
Join Polsinelli PC Shareholder, Iliana L. Peters, for this Briefing, as she discusses HIPAA considerations during the COVID-19 Crisis. She will cover:
- the limited HIPAA waiver under Section 1135 of the Social Security Act;
- the recent Notices of Enforcement discretion from HHS related to specific HIPAA provisions;
- information about texting during the crisis from the FCC;
- guidance on using VTC platforms during the crisis from HHS, the FBI, and others; and
- practical tips for HIPAA covered entities and business associates.