See Credit Details Below
The agenda for this year's Hedge Fund and Private Equity Enforcement & Regulatory Developments program has been updated to reflect the current regulatory priorities faced by attorneys and will help private funds and their in-house and outside counsel prepare for the coming wave of government investigations and regulatory examinations. Panels will feature perspectives from senior government enforcement lawyers, prosecutors, and compliance examiners, together with experienced in-house general counsels and chief compliance officers, as well as expert outside counsel.
Our faculty of experts will deliver insights on the latest government priorities, first-hand experiences from the front lines, as well as strategies to deal with the evolving regulatory priorities and challenges. Attendees will not only gain a better understanding of what is actually going on in the industry but will also learn what they need to do now and what to anticipate in the coming months.
The program will also address the challenging ethical issues that frequently arise when overseeing the legal and compliance function or advising clients in the private fund sector, including the scope of the attorney-client privilege in the context of compliance, and managing the response to whistleblower complaints.
What You Will Learn
- CFTC enforcement actions and regulatory priorities
- Strategies for navigating the enhanced risk of government investigations of private funds
- Government scrutiny of SPACs, sponsors, and advisers
- Regulatory interest in ESG strategies, compliance, and disclosures
- How to establish an effective hedge and private fund compliance program
- Ethical pitfalls in dealing with your clients in a volatile bear market
- Social media and meme stocks – what are the legal and ethical issues?