See Credit Details Below
As the financial sector has become a global marketplace, so has the world of financial crime enforcement. In this presentation, Katherine J. Stoller (Shearman & Sterling LLP) and Samuel W. Seymour (Sullivan & Cromwell LLP) will discuss recent developments in international criminal and regulatory investigations of money laundering, bribery, sanctions and other financial crimes.
They will address:
- Increased international cooperation among regulatory and law enforcement agencies, and how U.S. agencies consider crediting and offsetting penalties imposed by foreign authorities
- Strategies for addressing the rising tide of AML enforcement investigations, including how to avoid the next major financial institution prosecution
- Recent developments in OFAC sanctions enforcement, including the implications of the recent superseding indictment of Huawei Technologies and its subsidiaries
- How will new enforcement priorities at FinCEN affect the world of AML compliance?
- Monitors, forfeiture and remediation and the role of corrective actions in resolving financial institution investigations